To improve the health of people living in the culturally diverse community of Northern New Mexico through access to the highest quality healthcare, education, research and advocacy.
Want to work in a judgment-free environment focused on compassionate care, respect, and dignity of our patients? Do you want to make a difference in your community to enhance the quality of life for all its members? At Southwest Care we believe that everyone deserves access to quality healthcare and we need team players like you to help succeed in our mission. Please click the link below to watch a short video on the great work being carried out at Southwest Care Center and then review our open positions.
|Title:||Patient Access Specialist|
|Location:||1691 Galisteo St, Suite D, Santa Fe, NM|
If you love interacting with others and multi-tasking in a fast-paced, customer-service oriented environment, our Patient Access Specialist position might be for you!
Summary: Provides the first positive response to client needs by telephone and in person. Greets and assists clients or guests as they arrive. Maintains Doctors' schedules. Manages client appointments on scheduling software. Handles multiple line phone system and acts as central support for all staff by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Retrieves clinic phones from answering service and handles or replies to messages on main voicemail from clients and staff.*
- Answers and manages calls on telephone system, or transfers calls to appropriate staff member or department.*
- Greets and assists clients and guests as they arrive.*
- Schedules appointments for clients.*
- Makes reminder phone calls for next day's appointments.*
- Uses electronic scheduling software to enter and track patient care as appropriate. Including updating patient demographics.
- Maintains proficiency in the use of the electronic scheduling software and electronic health record as required to execute duties.
- Scans into computer system the client driver's license and insurance cards, as needed.*
- Maintains a positive attitude and work environment in common areas, including reception areas
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two years of receptionist and/or administrative experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses
- Valid driver's license
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Written communication skills
- Oral communication skills
- Listening skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to multitask
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to maintain strict client confidentiality