To improve the health of people living in the culturally diverse community of Northern New Mexico through access to the highest quality healthcare, education, research and advocacy.
Want to work in a judgment-free environment focused on compassionate care, respect, and dignity of our patients? Do you want to make a difference in your community to enhance the quality of life for all its members? At Southwest Care we believe that everyone deserves access to quality healthcare and we need team players like you to help succeed in our mission. Please click the link below to watch a short video on the great work being carried out at Southwest Care Center and then review our open positions.
|Title:||Billing and Coding Specialist I|
|Location:||810 W. San Mateo, Santa Fe, NM 87505|
- Respond to billing inquiries from patients and third-party payers
- May consult with Physicians and other clinical staff to clarify documentation and interpret clinical information
- Acts as a coding resource to clinical staff
- Verify accuracy of diagnosis and CPT codes on Encounters
- Approve claims each day in Practice Management software. Sends out patient statements. Posts insurance and patient payments
- Verify patient accountability by ensuring all other payment avenues have been exhausted
- Maintains competency and awareness of all coding changes that affect services that are provided throughout the organization
- Minimum of 2 years previous medical coding and billing experience.
- High School Diploma or GED; Completion of an accredited coding training program.