To improve the health of people living in the culturally diverse community of Northern New Mexico through access to the highest quality healthcare, education, research and advocacy.
Want to work in a judgment-free environment focused on compassionate care, respect, and dignity of our patients? Do you want to make a difference in your community to enhance the quality of life for all its members? At Southwest Care we believe that everyone deserves access to quality healthcare and we need team players like you to help succeed in our mission. Please click the link below to watch a short video on the great work being carried out at Southwest Care Center and then review our open positions.
|Title:||Medical Assistant (PRN)|
|Location:||Various Santa Fe Locations|
Southwest CARE Center is establishing a Float Pool for Medical Assistants to provide fill-in coverage for call-ins, vacations and leaves of absence of our core staff. Minimum availability will be 2 shifts per month. Committed schedules will be made in 2-month increments based on our need and your availability.
We have 3 clinic locations in Santa Fe. Our clinics are currently open between 8am and 6pm Monday through Friday.
- Taking medical histories and recording vital signs and preparing patient for exams
- Explaining treatment procedures to patients and assisting providers
- Scheduling appointments and follow-ups for patients
- Phlebotomy, collection and preparation of laboratory specimens
- Sterilization of medical instruments and exam rooms
- Take electrocardiograms
- Administering vaccines and injections
- Change sterile and non-sterile dressings
- Documents appropriately in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Assist in developing systems for monitoring ongoing patient care
- Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by clinical staff
- Clinical experience in patient care setting (outpatient preferred)
- Computer proficiency
- Organization and planning skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Interpersonal and customer service skills
- Problem solving skills